Tuesday, April 22, 2008

3,3,3 deaths in one!

It's been five days since "Deadly Desire's" debut and I'm still excited about it. Seeing a film I made on a big screen along with other filmmakers was a unique experience. The coolest thing about it was the triple screening.

I have no idea what happened. It may have had something to do with the format I submitted (a burnt DVD). Burnt DVD's are usually set to repeat, but I'm still not sure why they let it. Maybe they repeated it because it was so short, or maybe the person in charge of screening just kinda lets the movies play til they stop (without really watching). In any case, everyone thought that it was intentional. It wound up being funnier each time. It was very validating to know I have an audience.

As a side note: I found it oddly appropriate that it repeated. It reminded me of the ending to "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". I'll explain that in another post. To those of you who saw that movie and understood the ending, you may get what I mean already. Just in case, I'll break it down.

It was also interesting to see my mother's reaction to the whole scene. She seemed a bit taken back by whole the "artsy" atmosphere of the place and even more so by their joy of watching a turtle die gruesome death. She described them as tortured human beings who've probably been locked in a closet their whole lives.

Hmmm, sounds about right. hehehe

What seemed to shock her even more where some rather off-the-cuff remarks I made during the Q&A following the screenings. These remarks specifically regard to, "evolution" and "my lack of experience with happy endings."

I think a detailed explanation is best saved for tomorrow. I anticipate a very long article.

One last thing. I've always found it interesting seeing people who've known me my whole life truly meeting ME for the first time. They always seem disturbed. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment