Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Blast from the Past Pt. 1

Last month, I was going through some a couple of portfolios filled with old work. Most of it is stuff from high school with a few works from SCAD. I figured in the next few posts I should show a few.

These pix are some mastercopies I did 9 years ago.


(The scanner cut Raph off below)


I drew them from a TMNT book I sent away for.



When I ordered the thing, I thought is was a graphic novel, but it turned out to be an Role-Playing Game.

Wiki can sum it up better than I can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_&_Other_Strangeness

At the time I had no idea what an RPG was, so I was a little confused when I opened it up. After reading through it, it seemed pretty interesting and there actually was a decent amount of artwork, and comic scans in it.

The art alone made it worth the purchase. This was one of the few times I had ever seen the original TMNT in any form of print. I wasn't one of those hip kids that read the comic before the cartoon aired.

Just for kicks, here's a real oldie.


This little gem was a product of my own creation. It's not dated, so I don't know when I drew it. I think I was around five. The image looks weird because I scanned it still inside the frame. I was paranoid about taking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment